Do you like creamy, fluffy, smooth, tasty, tangy, perfectly seasoned food? Yes? What a coincidence! Me too. And I’d like to introduce you to your new favorite side dish. You’re very welcome.
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 pound cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 4 Tbs. unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbs. horseradish
- ½ tsp. salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fill a large pot with chopped parsnips and cauliflower, and then add enough cold water to cover.
- Place pot over medium-high heat, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook until fork-tender, about 30 minutes. Drain.
- Put hot parsnips and cauliflower in a food processor. Add butter, heavy cream, and horseradish. Pulse until smooth.
- Taste puree and season as needed with salt and pepper. Puree again. Voila!
Enjoy your newfound puree heaven with these Fall-off-the-Bone Beer-Braised Short Ribs, and then shoot me a message to tell me all about it!